Sunday 9 January 2022

 


Decent spate going down the valley now just at the time of year we would have wanted one years ago to get those big early springers well up the river by the old starting date of 26th January.   In those days 70s and 80s they were often up as high as Newbridge in considerable numbers.   I remember my first season at the Nyth. I caught nothing for the first two weeks and was getting a little worried.   I eventually got one on the 17th February if my memory serves me right.   A couple of years later I had one on the opening day of the season but that was the only time.

Do any really big springers come that early now.  Well we can't fish for them so we don't know though perversely we might catch one in October!!   Crazy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.