Monday 24 August 2020

 

Conditions much the same though dropping slowly still with some colour on middle and lower beats.   No reports of fish, other than barbel and chub of course. Conditions good for the coarse fisherman. Supposed to be heavy rain late tonight and tomorrow.!!

Talking of coarse fishing I was sorting out a suitcase full of photo's yesterday and came across this one taken during my competition fishing days.   Can't remember when but sometime at least 50 years ago and I think the fish were from the Warwickshire Avon probably around Pershore.  Best memory however is my hat which my journalist friend Maurice Wiggin once referred to in a fishing magazine, the old Creel magazine as I recall, as a 'shapeless bowl of felt' which on reflection I suppose it was.  Wore it for years but for the life of me can't remember where it went.  Still miss it!!!!

-------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two more pages from the Arthur Hutton booklet.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.