Friday 27 May 2016

Two fish for Don Macer Wright from Wyebank late yesterday evening on a Sunray Shadow 13 and 14lbs
Another fish from the cockpit at Upper Bigswier to Nathan Jubb  10lbs on F/C pic below;




Some fish from TODAY. 
Goodrich Court 10lbs to Mike Sutton. Probably spinning
Ingeston   Martin Lydon 15 and 7.5lbs on F/C
Wyanstone Crown 12lbs to Andrew Llewellyn on fly/
Reports of eight from Wyesham and at least one from Bigswier
Another fish from Upper Bigswier for nathan Jubb  12lbs spinning.
Ingeston . a 17lb fish for Mike Pritchard also spinnin.






Been some talk on the Salmon Fishing forum of the fish lost by anglers using braid.
 Simon of course has caught Marlin using it and then advises it for wreck fishing. This would be a disaster if fish gained the wreck and a shock leader is advised in all circumstances where any form of abrasion might  be possible/. Then there was a post which I think sums it up well and is similar to the comment I put in my Wye report yesterday for next months issue ,   I couldn't agree more with what's been said - see below;


"I've said before on here that in my experience braid (power pro etc), has exceptionally poor abrasion resistance. I have seen from this for myself sea fishing where the 30lb power pro has parted like cotton, purely under the resistance of the lure where the braid has brushed a rock. I also lost a small Grilse a number of years ago - again the braid brushed something under minimal strain. 6lb Maxima would have had no problem! Braid is nice to fish with, but on a river like the Wye with big fish and inevitable snags, I'm certain there would be fewer sad tales of big fish lost with good old 15lb Maxima."

Apologies for the mistake I made above. Simon caught his marlin on nylon apparently. !!!

It seems he is now in charge of WUF as Marsh Smith exits stage left with barely a whimper to take up a fund raising job with Affonydd Cymru Rivers Trust.   I will give it 18 months at best.  Someone is bound to disagree with him and then its game over I reckon.!!

Just hope Simon can be his own man without the parrot on his shoulder and enough b++ls  to be more inclusive in the year ahead. He has a big task to take on finding funding of over £500,000 for the WUF employees and to continue any future work.  It's a hot potato he has been left with but we wish him well.   Should be an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.