Saturday 12 June 2021

 

Looks like things are hotting up over the next few days which does nothing fishwise any favours whatsoever.

Saw a group of 11 almost fully grown Goosanders plus the female this morning who will no doubt cut a swathe through what little we have in the way of trout and salmon parr.  Surely commonsense re culling these predators must prevail sooner or later.

Often see some strange things when fishing.  Had a rare early morning session yesterday near Hay where two fish had reportedly been spotted.  No sign of anything other than numbers of shad.

However just as I started to fish a woman came walking up the opposite bank, stopped about 50 yards away and spread a blanket on the gravel.  She then sat down cross legged in meditation mode and simple stared across the river towards me for well over an hour during which time she never moved a muscle that I could see.  Could not really tell if she was staring at me but it did seem that way.  Was still there when I left.   Hope she found her 'Karma' if that's the right terminology.  Early morning session don't suit me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.