Monday 3 September 2018

Some decent rain up here today for a while.  Probably won't have much effect  however I suspect.

See below an interesting letter which seems she me be having second thoughts re NRW fishery proposals,   Yet another enquiry though which may go nowhere -but you never know.



 Dear all,
I am writing to you all to confirm, I have now agreed the next steps in relation to the All Wales Rod and Line (Salmon and Sea Trout) Byelaws 2017, which were presented to me by NRW for my consideration on 20 February.
I have concluded it is in the best interest of all concerned to request the Planning Inspectorate Wales conduct a Local Inquiry, as provided for within the Water Resources Act 1991.
Paragraph 2(1) of Schedule 26, Water Resources Act 1991 provides myself, as The Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning, and Rural Affairs (the “relevant Minister” ) the power to instigate a Local Inquiry before confirming, amending, or refusing to confirm any byelaw submitted by Natural Resources Wales (NRW) (the “appropriate agency” )
I have written to the Chief Executive of NRW explaining the decision to undertake a Local Inquiry. The Planning Inspectorate and NRW will now notify stakeholders of this decision as soon as possible.
Lesley Griffiths AC/AM
Ysgrifennydd y Cabinet dros Ynni, Cynllunio a Materion 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.