Saturday 3 February 2018

From the Fly Fishing Forum by Mr Marsh-Smith.   Is this the official WUF view on beavers -Simon???



I could make the case that this thread is about the Wye and people's concerns and/or hopes for now and the future, having started it. Having spent a considerable number of years, quite a bit of EU money and some of my own, fencing out tributaries to maintain the bank side vegetation. I and not keen on some mustalid (are they?) hacking it all down. The mean temperature of today's UK is more than a degree above what it was in Beaver Days whereas tree shading can reduce the effects of sun by significantly more than that. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considerable number of years  = 20.   Quite a bit of money = £14million
Quite a bit of my own =????

We cut it down -we replant it.  We take out obstacles and then put some back. We had a hatchery -ours worked but no one else's does. etc etc.
Give me a grant and I will assist beavers all I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Amazing



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.